Allstate pet insurance company is one of the best insurance providers when it comes to home and auto coverage but now covers animals as well.
As pet owners, we know how veterinary medicine has advanced over the years giving animals the same procedures as humans.
For instance, pets now go through cancer treatment and open-heart surgeries which can be very expensive for some pet owners.
This is why enrolling your pet in insurance can be a smart move but what’s more important is that you choose the right plan.
In this article, you will get a comprehensive review of Allstate pet insurance to know what their policy covers and what it doesn’t cover.
Also, you will get to know about their cost, plans, and discounts as well as how to file a claim and their state availability.
With this information, you will be able to make a proper decision about whether to insure your pet with them or not.
So, without much ado let’s get into details.
About Allstate Pet Insurance Company
Allstate pet insurance firm is well-known for its “nose-to-tail” protection coverage.
They are an American company that provides insurance products to over 16 million customers and was founded in 1931.
Their array of essential protective solutions includes homeowners, renters, auto, and life insurance for millions across the United States.
When they were about to enter the pet insurance game in 2020, Allstate partnered with Embrace insurance to present pet health care.
So, technically Allstate is managed by Embrace and American Modern Insurance Group, which is a third-party company.
This means that you won’t be dealing with Allstate directly whenever you have a claim even if their agents attend to you.
Despite this, Allstate provides a comprehensive pet health policy that promises nose-to-tail protection.
Continue reading as we learn about what Allstate pet insurance company covers.
What Does Allstate Pet Insurance Cover?
Here are some of the things that Allstate insurance covers:
- Vet bills for accidental injuries and emergency care
- Treatments for illness and disease-related health problems
- Hospitalization, surgery, and nursing care
- Medicines your pet may require for health issues
- Certain alternative therapies, including homeopathic medicine, acupuncture, hydrotherapy, and holistic medicine treatments
- Treatment for chronic conditions including hyperthyroidism, allergies, and diabetes
- Diagnostic testing, including tests such as MRIs and X-rays in addition to basic lab work
Allstate also covers genetic conditions as long as your pet has no symptoms of the conditions during the time your policy was purchased.
This is similar to what other pet insurers are offering; however, it is important you speak with your agent first to be sure of the coverage limitations.
For instance, the policy covers surgery, but there are certain procedures such as mitral valve repair surgery that are available only overseas and not in the U.S.
Now you know the things their coverage range let’s find out the things they don’t cover for.
What Does Allstate Pet Insurance Company Not Cover?
Even though Allstate promises to offer nose-to-tail coverage there are some things such as checkups, dental care, and vaccines that will not be covered.
All these other things can only be covered when you purchase an additional wellness reward plan.
Here are some of the things that Allstate pet insurance does not cover:
- Personal care or grooming items, such as shampoo
- Pet food
- Supplements and vitamins
- Any procedure that isn’t medically necessary for example, docking of the tail, or cropping of the ears.
- Costs associated with pregnancy, breeding, or whelping
- Root canals, crowns, and other orthodontic or endodontic procedures
- Training or treatment for behavioral issues
In addition, they also do not cover pre-existing conditions or any genetic breed-specific conditions that come up before you get covered.
Continue reading as we get into details about the Allstate pet insurance company’s cost, plans, and discounts.
What Does Allstate Pet Insurance Company Cost?
Their monthly premium might vary based on different factors which are:
- The type of Pet: The price for a normal dog like a Golden retriever or a Cat like a Siberian will cost less compared to an exotic animal such as a Ferret.
- Breed: This factor is important because some animals are prone to genetic conditions such as hip dysplasia or various heart conditions. Thus, insurance for them might be costly.
- Your Pet’s Age: insuring a younger animal costs less than covering for an older pet.
- Type of Policy: Accidents-only policy costs less than both illness and accidents.
- Deductibles and Coverage Limits: when the deductible is higher and the coverage limit is lower, it results in a lower premium than the policy with a lower deductible and higher coverage.
However, Allstate prices are generally fair with the average monthly rate of $25 to $40 for dogs and $15 to $30 for cats.
Allstate Pet Insurance Company Plans and Discounts
Allstate offers 3 different plans for pets for various degrees of coverage:
This plan exclusively covers medical pet emergencies. For example, if your furry friend accidentally swallows something they weren’t supposed to or got hit by a car.
All you have to do is just file for a claim and get reimbursed after paying the vet bill.
Other types of emergencies include:
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Burn injuries
- Abnormal bloat
- Cruciate ligament tears
Accidents and Illness
This is their most comprehensive plan which promises nose-to-tail protection in case your pet gets hurt or sick.
It includes the cost of emergency vet visits together with standard veterinary care required to treat common health problems in pets.
For instance, diagnostic tests, lab work, physical examinations, and similar essential services such as:
- Biopsies, lab work, and other diagnostic tests
- Intradermal skin or RAST allergy testing
- MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, and ultrasounds
- Chronic conditions — epilepsy, diabetes, allergies, etc.
- Cancer treatment — radiation, stem-cell therapy, and chemotherapy
- Hospitalization and surgery
After selecting your desired level of coverage, you can then opt for Allstate’s wellness program for pets, which will act as a “rider” on top of your insurance policy, if you choose to sign up.
Doing this will provide financial benefits on preventive care such as annual checkups, required dog
- Flea/tick prevention
- Professional dental cleaning
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Fecal and routine blood tests
- Grooming and nail trims
- Preventative dental care
- Medicated shampoos
- Hip dysplasia exams, radiographs, or other OFA testing
- Routine anal gland expression
- Wearable pet activity monitors
- Reiki, massage therapy, acupuncture
- Cremation or burial
Allstate pet insurance company’s policies are flexible which gives you the ability to customize your plan to suit your budget.
As a customer, you can tweak how much you pay in premium and how much reimbursement you receive by choosing varieties of options.
- 5 Annual Reimbursement Limits: This is the range of the small to the maximum amount they can pay out each year.
$5,000, $8,000, $10,000, $15,000, and $30,000.
- 5 Deductible Amount: This is the amount you will have to pay out of your pocket before the company will start reimbursements.
$200, $300, $500, $750, and $1000.
- 3 Reimbursement Rates: The percentage rate of the vet bill the insurance company will cover.
70%, 80%, and 90%.
- Annual Payout Limit: $5,000
- Deductible: $100
- Reimbursement rate: 90%
Apart from the multi-line discount that Allstate customers can only get if they combine at least two different types of policies, Embrace also provides a few more chances to save money:
- 10% Multiple Pet Discount: If you have more than one pet, by enrolling at least 2 pets, you’re eligible to receive 10% off your premium.
- 5% Military Discount: This is a way of supporting the military community for those who have served and those still serving. However, there has to be proof of your status.
- 10% Employee Benefits Discount: Businesses that partner with the Embrace Employee Benefits program entitle their employees to an additional 10% discount.
Recently companies are adding pet insurance to their employees’ benefits.
How Do I File A Claim With Allstate Pet Insurance Company?
Basically, the pet insurance is not an official Allstate product thus, all management plans and claim processes will be handled by Embrace.
So, it’s recommended that you use the MyEmbrace app for a trackable claim process and to start your reimbursement process.
The mobile app has onscreen instructions that will guide you through the entire process.
It will show you step-by-step prompts which will ask you to identify your vet, upload your receipts with all expenses and you’ll also select the reason for medical care.
Once your claim has been received, Embrace will produce a reimbursement, either via check or deposit after 15 days.
Now, let’s find out the availability of Allstate pet insurance companies across the states.
Allstate Pet Insurance Company State Availability
Allstate pet insurance company as serviced by Embrace is licensed to provide nationwide coverage in all 50 states, including Washington, D.C.
Even if your fur friend gets ill or hurts while you’re traveling within the country, Embrace will cover for it as much as a licensed veterinarian treats your pet.
However, reimbursement rates might vary due to the state’s specific veterinary costs.
Based on the information here you will agree that Allstate offers good coverage that’s in line with other competitors.
Enrolling your pup for Allstate pet insurance can be a good way of giving your fur friend the medical care they need.
If you have already enrolled in an Allstate policy for your home or car, adding your pet will attract a good discount since you’re now buying multiple policies.
Know that, you will have to communicate through an agent in order to find out the monthly premium and if your pup is eligible.
Again, it’s important you carefully read the fine print in order to find out what exactly is covered and what’s excluded so you can buy the right policy for your furry friend.
Above all, be sure to get multiple quotes from other pet insurance companies to see the one that’s best for you and your pup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Allstate Pet Insurance Company Provide Policy For Exotic Pets?
No, Allstate pet insurance which is administered through Embrace only issues reimbursements for cats and dogs.
What Does Allstate Pet Insurance Company Require For Enrollment?
For you to enroll your pup in this policy, your cat or dog must be under the age of 14 before enrolling for the Allstate policy.
What Is Allstate Pet Insurance Company Waiting Period?
Since Allstate is an affìnity partner with Embrace, their waiting periods are 2 days for accidents, 14 days for illness, and 6 months for orthopedic conditions.
How Does Allstate Pet Insurance Company Work?
Allstate pet insurance is offered through a third party and in conjunction with Embrace to provide health insurance for pets.
It is interesting that Allstate provides pet insurance with no limit on the amount covered.
Just make sure you save your receipts from each veterinary visit. You will be able to submit claims from there.
Does Allstate’s pet insurance company cover pre-existing conditions?
No, any condition or even congenital and genetic conditions that surface before the policy activation period will not be covered.
However, if you’re unsure about what pre-existing conditions entail, Embrace offers a free in-depth medical history review after signing up to be sure of what exactly will be covered.
Will Allstate Pet Insurance Company Increase My Premium Yearly?
Since Allstate is in partnership with Embrace, your monthly premium issued by them is subject to change as your pet grows older.
This is because as animals grow older, they tend to be more prone to illness and injuries.
As a result of this, Embrace puts a gradual increase in your monthly premium to make up for your pup’s intense health risk.